Word (docx) Import improvements
Kaylen Nolen commented
Would like to see enhancement made to the download documents/templates as docx. Currently, there is high probability that formatting is drastically changed after download.
Spending a lot of time either fixing the formatting of an imported Word Doc to an editable template/document or just having to create from scratch.
Christopher Ragland commented
At this time, some formatting may be lost when uploading docx files. For example, images may be lost, background images may be lost, text formatting may be lost, text may shift, etc.
Christopher Ragland commented
There are formatting changes in paragraph numbering, bullets, and sometimes graphics and images as well that are lost when uploading a docx file as editable in PandaDoc.
PandaKat Olarte commented
uploading documents / convert to PD file to edit. It changes formatting, sometimes pictures are deleted. logo is deleted and then have to manually add. It's minor but with so many adjustments, it can become tedious.
Sometimes for Maria, it's easier to add a pdf and upload. Would like conversion to be more streamlined and simple.
AdminMadelyn Gunay (Admin, PandaDoc) commented
currently the word doc download looks wonky and not like the actual contract,
Aaron Reed commented
Steps to reproduce the bug"
1. Import a Word document.
2. Look at the incorrect paragraph and line spacing.
- Need to use Microsoft Word to enable reliable spelling and grammar checking.
1. Go to Design > Text
2. Change the Line spacing and the Paragraph spacing and watch how only bullet lists are affected, but not any paragraphs of text.
Work Around provided by PandaDoc support:
1. Cut and paste the text into Notepad.
2. Cut and paste the text back into PandaDoc.
- Note: this can be hours of work, just to fix the spacing.
- One-by-one highlight each block of text in a paragraph and click the "Clear Formatting" button in PandaDoc. Must repeat this step for each text box. Also a very time-consuming task.
- After clearing formatting, it still shows as being "Normal Text" and the Line and Paragraph spacing numbers remain as they were, but suddenly the text on the page starts respecting these settings.
Both of these workarounds require you to carefully avoid all headers and bullet lists, as this process will destroy the required formatting for those parts.
This bug needs to be solved at the import function.
Please can you give me an estimated time frame as to when you will fix the problem, as it's causing many hours of wasted time trying to fix up Panda documents?
Stephen Russell commented
We have found that when we upload a MS Word document, the page size and formatting changes. Being in Australia, our default page size is A4. I get the feeling that when the Word doc gets uploaded, it changes - possibly to Letter - which throws page formatting out.
Nani Ancheta commented
expand limitations in PandaDoc for Word
Natallia Skarabahatava commented
Due to the limitations for converting MS Word Docs into editable PandaDoc templates/documents some design features in MS Word are not imported ( for ex. smart art, shapes), also comments and notes inside MS Word are not imported.
AdminJenna Tinney (Admin, PandaDoc) commented
Improve docx export so that fonts are closer to what they should be, no page numbers on the cover page, closer design/formatting from original, linked table of contents, etc.