Variables contain formulas: variable calculations
Calculate variable values based on math and text operations: use other variables, plain text, numbers, pricing table, and quote values to get to a new value.
Some examples would be
1. Generate document name variable based on template name, customer company name, deal value and expiration date.
2. Generate text based on a list of items a customer selects in a form, pricing table, quote or fields.
3. Calculate a downpayment size using document value and a custom multiplier.
4. Generate a new date based on a date in another fields or variable by adding a number of days/months to the original date.
Hi. We aren’t planning on building this into our feature set at this point in time since it doesn’t fit into our current product roadmap. Please keep upvoting this idea so we can keep considering it every time we work on our roadmap.
Should you come across any other ideas that suit your business needs, don’t hesitate to give them an upvote!
Inna Babii commented
formulas for variables
for example: if variable A is equal X then variable be is Y
Robert Fagnan commented
the ability to add formulas to tokens so they can auto fill # like for % based contracts
Yana Martynenko commented
1) the token that illustrates the price of a specific product;
2) Can plus to each other and sum up to be the same as total amount in the pricing table.
AdminMike Turke (Admin, PandaDoc) commented
Using a formula for date fields, specicially. Autofilling fields by date + N (days, months, etc.)
AdminKamari Ross (Admin, PandaDoc) commented
They would like dynamic variables that will auto-populate based on what product options the customer chooses in the document